Monday, January 17, 2011

                                               THE JOURNEY
                 My mother was preparing something in kitchen and I smelt what that was.  My father sat facing me and asking about how college was. And how I had written exams.  When I was about to tell...My mother said “first let him complete his dinner. After so many months I was about to eat my mother’s dish.  Our mess food was fine for eating once, but my tongue got tired eating that every day. My mother neatly arranged all the items before me. She asked which thing you first want to eat. I not even spoke just signaled my dearth filled eyes to chicken kebabs. She placed two kebabs in my plate. I took one and when I was about to……………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
SUDDEN BANG and the sound continued…………... Then I opened my eyes. I was very disappointed because my delicious dream was disturbed. My friend, Google was banging the door with his foot.  He told it was 10 in the morning get your ass out of bed.  The worst thing was that was the last day in campus. We completed our odd SEM exams.  As that was the first holidays for us from our college, my new pals planned to go together.  I came to my room after completing my last supper for that SEM in our mess. I started throwing my clothes in my bag like dumping waste in dustbin. Train was at 6 in the evening. I got a call from 2KG asking when we were leaving I said at 4:30.  
                   Atmosphere was rainy from the past days. when we were about to begin it started raining, But it stopped after 15 min. Me,2KG and Hitesh started from our hostel as our hostel was nearer to back gate.  First I carried my bag as if it was the most precious thing. But slowly I couldn’t bear the pain it’s too heavy and I dragged my bag through rain water. When we went to bust station and waited for almost 15 min. One guy came near us and said in Tamil that buses were        not running in this route, because rain water came up on the low bridge and blocked the way. We had not much time to catch the train then. We three decided to take auto. When we got into auto it started raining heavily.  Due to situation autowala culted 400 bucks from us. At last after 45min of my first and may be last floods footage video live we came to the terminal.

                 When we came to the terminal an announcement was going on about charminar express. We not even paid attention of that and ran towards the platform from which our train is about to departure. We searched for our compartment and as we got on train started. We saw our friend’s faces tired or soaked in rain. I went to my berth and there was two guys one old and the other bald. My berth was between them and all three berths before was my friends. I lied to the uncle who was sitting beside the window that I was allergic to train and want to sit beside window he agreed and gave me window seat. My front berth was VENNIS beside him was 2KG and COCK.
            Uncle beside asked where I was from and I said Vijayawada. Which college your were from he asked I expected that and proudly said IITMADRAS. Then his reply was why you came all the way to madras, while we were having good colleges in AP. Listening to his reply I felt like jumping out of train.  And he asked was that a government college and said I heard that in govt colleges study was not good.  I couldn’t bear any of those questions, my friends before me was enjoying watching my reactions for his irritating questions.  We are not observing train speed and watched a boring movie until the red led blinked on the side of the lappy (laptop) keypad indicating low battery.
               As we closed lappy we felt that train is not moving. I asked uncle beside me where were we. He said we were in between Chennai and Sullurpeta it was next to Chennai. All the journey mates were talking that there was a problem of railway track at Nellore due to floods and all trains are running at 3 or 4 hours delay. That was the worst time I spent in train just sitting beside a bald uncle who was asphyxiating   me by annoying questions about my college and studies. Train started after a boring 3 hours in mean time we took life of another lappy.  Train was picking its speed. My friend VENNIS before me was moving his fingers faster than train on his cyber shot mobile. A Terrible  thing happened, which was 2KG  sitting beside vennis just gave a push on his shoulder and saw his mobile sliding out of window nice and slowly. When I turned my face towards them each were looking at each other as if someone was hammering on their heads. COCK was the first one to react and said pull the chain. Vennis dragged chain with ease and train stopped after rolling for a few meters.
                We all got down and trying to find the mobile in the pitch black darkness. As I am too afraid to go farther from my   compartment I stayed there and trying to call his mobile. We were hoping someone’s call can ignite the mobile to life.  And I saw one guy coming towards our compartment checking something under every compartment with his large torch. He came near our compartment he is wearing some blue uniform he saw with his torch and asked who pulled chain. My friend COCK who was beside me stepped forward to say something. The guy started abusing in gult “ne…………, err…….” He said who will be responsible if any thieves come and blah blah…..We talked nothing because they are already irritated by late running of trains. He also went to search for the mobile. They got the mobile. That railway guy told us to hop in to train and u guys will be fined at Vijayawada. And there will a punishment. All of us got on train we can’t stop laughing remembering their faces. 
        At last after at 3:30 in morning train reached Vijayawada. Nothing happened in Vijayawada. We greeted each other and left from there to enjoy the holidays ………
                                                                                                                                                            That’s my wonderful journey with pain, fun, adventure and remembrance.   
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment