Friday, November 19, 2010

The train that never returns……………

                                         The train that never returns……………
             The clouds were crying like hell because of that it continued to rain all through the night. Those were the Farewell days of my college. I stayed  in a room close to college not good, but comfortable. It’s on the terrace of some bald guy who owned  that place. As usual the day started boring. I opened my eyes like two iron doors which were full of rust and unable to open.
I finished all the natural chores and got ready for breakfast. But I am not in the mood to go out in such rain, but when I was about to bunk breakfast the drops of water falling from heaven stopped.  Roads were totally vanished as usual in rainy season. The  hotel guy gave me idly’s that  were like two stones in my plate  any way I took some time to crack those stones  and put in stomach. After roaming and enjoying the weather, I came to my room. Every second I was thinking of the university where I would join, which was the most prestigious in our country. My parents were proud of me because that was  my father’s wish, which came true.
  Up to afternoon I spent time on PC games and crashed for some time. There was a huge wind gushing in and out of my room.   I heard house owner shouting as if the world was going to end, but when I clearly heard he was calling my name. I went out and showed my question marking face.  He did not even reply me and told someone inside “he was there you can go up”. I thought who the hell that was. I want to see who it was and with disappointment I reached the staircase to get down.
   I saw my friend. I saw some unhappiness in her ever glowing beautiful eyes. She was like a soldier who was fighting to stand in the strong wind with gun (umbrella). I went to her and took umbrella and asked her to come in my room. She was my close friend since kindergarten. We went to same junior high and college. She lives near the college, which was about ten km from my place. I asked her: “why you came all the way here while it’s raining”. She was hiding something, which was causing pain in her heart. I asked: “was there any problem “she saw in my eyes as if I did something terrible. She said in a shrill voice “I want to talk with you”. I said you could have talked with me over phone .”why did you came all the way down here”. Not even a word came from her after that two hours I kept talking and asking what happened and what the problem was and keep on blabbering something to divert her from that mood. But all the time she keeps on thinking of something, which was haunting her. I finally got bored and said “talk something or I will not talk with you any more”. Finally, her words splashed on my face like water balloon. She said: “let’s go for a walk”. I felt very strange, every time I used to ask her for a walk. Now she was asking for a walk. I said OK and grabbed my rain coat. When we came on road children’s flying high in happiness playing with paper boats.  While walking also she not even spoke a word. She was not this moody ever since I know her. We came across a park and she want to go in to the park. I refused because the clouds above us roaring (thunder). I said you’re not talking anything I will drop you at home it’s about to rain. As my words were not completed first drops of rain were falling down. I told her to open umbrella and she refused and kept on walking in to the park. At that time I got so irritated and want to leave her there and go back to my room. But I can’t I diligently followed her footsteps and went in to the park. We sat in a shed, she was about to say something and stooped. I said share your pain with me. She said “how many endless happy days we have enjoying in kindergarten and school and college “.we enjoyed, quarreled, and got new and lost friends . But all these I was close to you and I have no friend like you who cares for me so much, “you were very special to me”. then I understood what her pain was. I held her hand and told I would be going for studies and we can meet when I return. But she saw me and said her father got transfer they were also moving out of town. I replied that We could talk on phone and send emails to each other. Why was she feeling bad for that?
 Suddenly tears came from her eyes as if some flood gates were open. She asked me a question. I asked her to wipe off her tears,but she didn't .Then I gently wiped her tears off her face. Rain stopped and we started walking.

 “Do you love me?”,she said.I was startled by the question.
“Why have you asked me?”,I replied
Because it seems like it. Do you? All these years  how close we move and how supporting you were every time in my life. Now I can’t imagine my life without you. I every best moment of my life you were there, She said.
  I didn’t even bother her and said”Ok let’s put that aside and it’s getting dark you go home first we will talk later”. I started walking towards the terminal. She was not even moving and staring at me with anger filled eyes. I ignored her and kept on walking and told her to move. While we were walking she was searching for a little bit of feel on my face. She was so disappointed how I reacted with her situation. We reached the terminal she told:” I don’t want to go by train”. My bike was at my room it will take so much time to go until there any way it’s about to rain it’s good to go by train.  I took the ticket and waited for the train to arrive. She stopped talking and not even considering me as a known person. I told her” lets first concentrate on our studies hope so we will end together”. She gave me an unfulfilled look. And turned her face away from me.  But inside it started hurting me. I was not respecting my friend’s words.  I felt very bad of myself suddenly the train honk brought me in to this world. She got on to the train and saw me as if I can change my mind .But I acted normal. I slowly moved out of the terminal and got on to the other side of the road.  I heard the blow of train horn moving away from the station it’s like a horse neigh.
  I walked back home with my hands stuffed in my pocket. Thoughts of her ran throughout my head. I didn’t want her to be hurt like that.


I went home hurting because I didn't tell her how I was feeling. I wanted to tell her so bad that I have feelings for her but I was too scared and frightened. I let my feelings go and told myself that someday I would tell her just how I felt………………………………………………………………………………………

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nani,We only have one life and don't roll dice, if you fell for someone. Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away. So,If you feel like you're counting those moments and If she seems to have entered with great force into every feeling of yours, then missing her is like missing everything. I would say, go for it. But, take deliberate measures to make it happily ever after :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to see you started blogging........keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mwaaah!! I feel like crying... :'(



    Lol. Just joking. Nice piece btw. But I doubt AP junta will like it! (without a happy ending that is) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoyed it a lot ra...u hav a great writer in you..
    nice post mama..keep writing more:)
    by the way...is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  8. story i true or not its left to readers imagination..............

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice story,thinking of studies when girl friend proposing,is it true

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intially felt like "1 mistake of u'r life"...

    ReplyDelete